It’s that time of year again – vote for The Academic Minute Senior Superlatives Listener’s Choice Award!
Have a listen to some of the top segments from this year and cast your vote for your favorite one.
February 16th, 2015
Dr. Ronald Mallett – University of Connecticut
Theories of Time Travel
As we near the 100th anniversary of Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity, Dr. Mallet, a research professor of physics at UCONN, offers this inspiring account of studying time travel.
January 26th, 2015
Dr. Stacy Tye-Williams – Iowa State University
Stacy Tye-Williams, professor of communication studies and English at Iowa State University, sheds some light on bullying as it occurs in the professional arena.
November 25th, 2014
Dr. Allison Redlich – University at Albany
Mental Health Courts
Dr. Allison Redlich, associate professor of criminal justice an The University at Albany, State University of New York, profiles mental health courts.
October 29th, 2014
Dr. Heidi Appel & Dr. Rex Cocroft – University of Missouri
Plants Can Hear
Drs. Heidi Appel and Rex Cocroft, scientists at The University of Missouri, demonstrate the way plants can hear predators.
May 4th, 2015
Dr. Marina D’Angelo – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Marina D’Angelo, professor of bio-medical sciences at The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, is working to treat canine osteoarthritis.
June 2nd, 2015
Dr. Michael Howell – University of Minnesota
But, Michael Howell, neurologist at UM, is researching a sleep disorder that is characterized by intense physical motions.
June 11th, 2015
Dr. Jean Twenge – San Diego State Unviersity
Jean M. Twenge, San Diego State psychologist, is delving into the sexuality of the age group she calls Generation Me.
August 31st, 2015
Dr. Chris Ferguson – Stetson University
Influence of Violent Video Games
Chris Ferguson, psychologist at Stetson University, is researching if violent video games lead to real life violence.
2014-2015 Academic Minute Listener's Choice Poll
- Stacy Tye-Williams, Iowa State - Workplace Bullies (74%, 633 Votes)
- Marina D’Angelo, PCOM – Canine Osteoarthritis (12%, 101 Votes)
- Heidi Appel & Rex Cocroft, University of Missouri - Plants Can Hear (5%, 47 Votes)
- Ron Mallett, UConn - Theories of Time Travel (5%, 40 Votes)
- Jean M. Twenge, SDSU - Millennial Sexuality (3%, 26 Votes)
- Michael Howell, University of Minnesota – Paradox Lost (0%, 4 Votes)
- Allison Redlich, University at Albany - Mental Health Courts (0%, 3 Votes)
- Chris Ferguson, Stetson University – Influence of Violent Video Games (0%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 855
Voting closes December 12th
While you’re voting, don’t forget to like The Academic Minute on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!